Channel your best British accent while sipping some royal-tea in these posh costumes!
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s royal wedding this past summer was such a sweet affair. A real-life fairytale! And, honestly, the perfect wedding inspo if large weddings are your thing.
Ever wanted to become a princess? Live like the woman who actually (sort of) did by channeling her this Halloween. Fun fact, Meghan’s formal title is Duchess of Sussex, not princess!
Dress like the Duchess of Sussex herself! Then take it a step further and rope your significant other in on the fun as Prince Harry because this couples costume will definitely top the rest.
So here are 6 ways to dress like your favorite newlyweds from the royal wedding!
What You Will Need For Meghan’s Halloween Costume
A white dress
- Make it a long sleeve dress if you’re going for the formal ceremony look.
- Opt for a halter dress if you’d rather replicate her more casual reception attire.
- Either white or nude heels would complete the costume. But if you’re going for full accuracy, the Duchess donned white heels.
- Meghan wore a small tiara she borrowed from Queen Elizabeth for the occasion.
Veil or bouquet
- Add some extra bridal details so others can easily recognize what you’re going for!
- Fun fact: the 53 flowers embroidered on Meghan’s veil represented the 53 countries that comprise the Commonwealth.
Hair in a low bun
- An easy hairstyle to replicate!
- Add some diamond earrings to complete the look.
What You Will Need For Harry’s Halloween Costume:
- Choose between a black military style jacket or a blazer, depending on which look you’re going for.
- For the royal wedding, Prince Harry wore the Blues and Royals military uniform, which is a major’s uniform. He was actually appointed as Captain General of the Royal Marines but chose instead to wear the lower ranking Blues and Royals uniform.
A dress shirt
- A black button up if you prefer the military look he donned for the ceremony.
- A white button up if you’re opting to stay simple in Harry’s second wedding outfit, the plain black suit.
- Choose black pants with red stripes running down the sides for the ceremony look.
- Regular black trousers for the reception look.
Black dress shoes
- Easiest element of the costume!
- For the reception-inspired costume. No bowtie necessary for the ceremonial look.
Military cap or gloves
- Go the extra mile with a military cap or white gloves for the utmost level of accuracy. (and recognition by your friends)!
Here are some options for you to buy:
Found the Prince Harry to your Meghan Markle? Share your costumes below!